Friday, April 4, 2008

Motivation

During practice today, Toby asked us what motivates us. And I couldn't come up with one thing. The funny thing is, he asked us the same question last year. And I had an answer. And I remember the answer. And it seems like this year the answer just doesn't fit.

Last year my motivation to work my hardest all the times was the fact that I knew I should try my hardest at what I did for God and stuff. This year... well, I guess I intellectually know that, but I just don't feel it. I don't care about anything (people excluded, of course). The only reason I work at anything is out of habit. I just don't give a crap anymore.

Maybe it's just the time of year. I certainly hope so, because when I realized how little anything I was doing meant to me, I was rather distressed.

No comments: