Monday, April 28, 2008

Trivial Pursuit

It puts everything into perspective... I think about the things that were bugging me two days ago and then think about Dan and his family and the guys in the car with him and what this whole campus is facing now, and I realize how trivial the other stuff is.

The weird thing is, even now life goes on. Kids are playing frisbee in the Loop. I celebrated my A on the paper. Even Collin who was in the car was in class today. The world doesn't stop... not that it should, or anything. It's just interesting to think that something this huge happens, and the river of life has to flow around it-- a rock interrupting the flow, changing the course of the river, but not stopping it at all.

What do you say? What do you do? I saw Justin (who was also in the wreck) today in passing, and I just said, "I'm really glad to see you're okay... I'm praying for you guys." And that's all I can do. There's a different kind of solidity to this problem than the trivial ones. What I do does affect my grades, my relationships, my silly little problems, but this is set in stone.

It's interesting that this incident has relieved my worry about everything. I'm sad and distressed, yes, but the worry I've had recently about tests and papers and track has dissipated I suppose because life has been brought into perspective again.

But this is all just a bunch of ramblings that should have been a comment but will instead become a post. I guess I'm just trying to work my way through what happened, which is never a bad thing to do.

No comments: